Corporate seminars are events organised by a business entity to facilitate the flow of information to a targeted set of attendees. This information can be anything ranging from a new marketing strategy to the advent of new technology in the industry. Seminars offer a medium for learning. Following are ten ideas to help you plan, organise and execute a seminar successfully.
Top 10 Ideas To Organise Seminar:
1) Start early: If you want to execute a successful seminar, the first step is to start early. A seminar is one of the most difficult events to plan. Starting early implies you have a lot of time to plan everything to detail and hence gives you an edge.
2) Decide the mode of your seminar: Decide whether you want to host the event online or offline. The most feasible option is to host it in both modes. You can broadcast the seminar from your offline venue. This will increase your demographic reach and you will be prepared with a backup in case there are certain pandemic restrictions imposed before the day of your main event.
3) Decide on the tickets: Evaluate your goal behind the seminar. Do you want to make some profit or do you want to simply help people learn? Evaluating your goal will help you decide if you want the tickets to be paid for or not.
4) Create a rough budget: Now that you have an idea of the kind of event you want to organise, get a rough idea of the budget it would need. Is it within what you are willing to pay for? If not, make some changes. This will help you plan your event efficiently.
5) Select a proper date: Date selection plays a crucial role in the success of your seminar. Check if there are some already planned events on that date your targeted set of attendees may want to go to. If your target audience is a set of professionals, make sure that the seminar is not on a working day.
6) Find guest speakers: Your guest speaker can be someone from the top level of your company, someone in collaboration with your company or someone very influential from your industry. It should be someone well equipped with the topic of your seminar. Choose a guest speaker your target audience would like to listen to. This will help in increasing the number of people who sign up for the seminar.
7) Find the perfect venue: Find a venue that suits your budget as well as the purpose of your seminar. Your venue should give your attendees a comfortable space for learning.
8) Promote your seminar: Promote your seminar online as well as offline so as to ensure maximum attendance. Create a buzz and get your attendees excited.
9) Engage your attendees: Your seminar will not be successful unless it is a memorable experience for your audience. Plan rapid-fire rounds in between speeches and encourage discussion and a Q and A to make your seminar interactive.
10) Promotion after your seminar: Post pictures and short videos of the seminar on your social media tagging all the attendees. This will create a positive image for any of the seminars you host in the future.